Friday, October 15, 2010

Tangential:

Long time no talk everyone! I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for the part you played in getting me over here to the “the end of the world”. I wouldn’t be here without each and every one of you… so thank you!  Thank you for lending a hand to kick off the next chapter of the life that is me, I can’t begin to describe the impact it’s had on so many things… ha, for the moment just know that’s it’s very good.

I now find myself on the lesser end of week number 4. It’s fairly ridiculous how quickly the time has been passing by now that I think about it, I could say in confidence that it’s managed to catch me off guard. Ha, that aside… the weather is still something heavenly over here, a cool 22C with a generous ocean breeze to boot!

My submersion into the depths of the Russian language haven’t gone quite as well as I had hoped… I was always prone to improperly estimating long-term goals. Best to learn in a safe environment though I suppose, I’m still ever inspired to keep chase though… the language is so beautiful, linguistically as well as how it illustrates some of the most subtle points of Russian history and culture. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment