Friday, October 15, 2010

Enjoying the Finer Things:


Privet!

So… seeing that we have yet to stumble across any Internet access, you’ll be receiving quite a few of these in rapid succession. With that in mind, this may also be one of the few times I have the chance to bombard you with my experiences as well.

Having safely arrived in Vladivostok I was surprised how beautiful the city is! It turns out that one of the gals that had arrived prior to us lost her luggage somewhere within the vast expanse of Russian customs…

Ha, I also managed to bump into a fellow student on his way to Vladi in the Moscow airport! Which proved to be an awesome diversion from the 10-hour layover we had ahead of us… we ended up venturing out into the city for a few hours where I was introduced to the grand Red Square and a few other lesser-known landmarks. Awesome experience!

In respect to the home we’re staying in now, I’ve discovered that “less than cold” refers to 40d water… which is what we get to look forward to for our showers. I met our mascot Zhuzha the dog, cute little pup, but we still don’t really know where she came from.

On a more serious note, I have already been floored by many of my experiences here in Vladivostok. One of the most overwhelming is realizing that hearing my native language is a courtesy provided by my gracious hosts… not an entitlement. I’ve also been so inspired by our times of worship thus far; there’s something about hearing a throng of voices in near as many languages (5 I believe!), be lifted up in an act of worship! We’ve already discovered so much about each others’ history and why we’ve come or more accurately been drawn to this place…

There’s so much more I could share, but there’s also so much more to participate in here… so with that in mind, I’m off for the night. Have a wonderful morning/day/evening/night yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment